Members of Children in Scotland
1 Register for access...
If you are a member of children in Scotland and have not yet registered for the
member's pages follow the registration link to
set up your user account and gain access today.
2 Login to the member's pages...
If you have already registered for the member's pages, then you can log in to gain access
to the exclusive content by using the login form on the
Not yet a member of Children in Scotland?
Then you can apply
to become a member today
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership of Children in Scotland adds your voice to more than 450
voluntary, statutory and professional organisations and individuals working
with children, young people and their families in Scotland.
Don’t miss out on any of the benefits that being a member brings!
• The Scotland’s Children’s Sector Forum enables you to work collaboratively with other
Children in Scotland members to engage with, debate and directly influence policy
will impact on the lives of children.
• Inform responses to the Scottish Government (and other) consultations – through
consultation events and members’ pages of our website.
• Share good practice, knowledge and experience through events arranged throughout
the year and through our social media.
• Contribute to policy debates on issues affecting your work.
• Networking opportunities through our members’ only events.
Access essential information on policy, research and best practice. All staff can register to
receive the following updates and briefings:
- Daily news bulletin a summary of the day’s key news stories relating to children and families with web links direct to your inbox.
- Weekly update a round-up of the latest happenings from across the sector, as well as event, publication and policy news from Children in Scotland and its members.
- Weekly policy update with the latest news, consultations, documents and parliamentary proceedings from Scotland and the UK. and gain access to
- Exclusive online members’ Area - and a range of specialist member briefings (including policy and parliamentary briefings) and other downloadable resources.
Our members are also entitled to:
Monthly Children in Scotland magazine and twice yearly Children in Europe
magazine sent to named individuals.
Information of publication releases.
Free legal advice – visit www.gillespiemacandrew/cis for more information
- Access our diverse programme of cross-sectoral and multi-disciplinary training workshops,
seminars and conferences around Scotland. The programme is designed for those involved in
policy making and planning for the range of children’s services and for those working directly
with children and young people in the statutory, voluntary and independent sectors. Our
events highlight issues for those working in the sector by disseminating innovative research,
debating significant policy issues and exchanging models of best practice. See our website for
the full programme. Members receive substantial discount.
- Free training courses, through our partnerships with Gillespie MacAndrew law firm and the
Big Lottery Fund. Watch out for details on our Weekly Update. Register now if you are not
receiving the Update.
Resolve: ASL independent mediation service is the largest mediation provider in Scotland
assists local education authorities to meet the mediation requirements in the Education
(Additional Support for Learning)(Scotland) Act 2004/09
Resolve: ASL also offers workplace mediation as a successful way to resolve conflict and
disagreement in your workplace setting.
• Discounts on seminars, conferences, workshops and training as well as publications
- Savings of up to 50% on the cost of an exhibition stand at one of our events.
- Free subscriptions Children in Scotland magazine and Children in Europe magazine – saving over £50 a year.
- Free recruitment advertising on our frequently visited website.
- Substantial discount to Resolve’s Mediation Services
Join discussions and debate key issues via Twitter and Facebook.
Be part of our Communications Network on Linkedin
Share news, opinions, information and provide input into policy work and access the latest information on legislation and best practice through our online members’ area.
Promote your organisation’s work by hiring an exhibition stand
at one of our events.
Members receive savings of up to 50%.
Receive free recruitment advertising on our website.
- If you have any questions about membership, the benefits available or the work we are
doing, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Telephone 0131 228 8484 or email email@example.com / www.childreninscotland.org.uk